Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Last night

Tonight is my last night in Halifax. My mandate ends tomorrow, I fly back home late afternoon (fingers crossed that the snow doesn't delay flights too much) and then will be staffed on a mandate in Montreal for a few months. As I sit on the bed at the hotel, finishing some odd tasks for work, with my nose itchy from the dry air, I'm also thinking about all the things I never had a chance to get started since I moved back. For instance, I miss climbing and I feel like I need to get back into a regular exercise program. I've been looking at the downtown YMCA schedule, the gym is close to work and has a pool. Swimming is a great exercise, it would feel great to do laps a few times per week.

I'm also feeling a bit of pressure about the climbing since my good friend Typhanie, who was away in Burkina Faso for 18 months, is moving to Montreal in March or April. Typhanie is an awesome climber, I look forward to have the opportunity to learn from her again. Obviously, it would help to rebuild the climbing muscles a bit before she arrives. I'll make it a point to visit Allez Up this weekend, a climbing gym in my area.

No comments: